Monday, November 15, 2010

Is there any way to control government?

I don't think so. How does a bill get passed by the US House that allows members of Congress to snoop into anyone's tax records, for any reason they want? Simple -- just tack it on as an amendment to the 1,000-page bill that no one will read. John McCain (silly party) said, "How many other provisions didn't we find in that 1,000-page bill?" Chuckie Schumer (insane party) wants a "full and complete" investigation followed by "appropriate punishment." Wow, is he really that clueless? Yes, you people in New York have a Senator that doesn't know how bills get passed in the legislature. And he wants to punish anyone who actually follows those rules that he doesn't understand.

Oh, but it's OK, you see, "The two lawmakers who would have gained that power – Sen. Ted Stevens, an Alaska Republican, and Rep. Bill Young, a Florida Republican – both said they wouldn't use it." And if you believe that, I've got some oceanfront property in Nevada I'd like to sell you.

This is one reason why I would cause so many problems were I ever elected to a public legislative office -- I would vote NO on any bill that I didn't have time to read, or that I didn't feel that everyone else didn't have time to read as well. I can't understand how so many people CAN vote for bills without reading them. I guess that's just politics as usual, and it will continue to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment